We love finding and sharing new recipes with each other. Many of these are not original, although we’d love to take credit! We are regularly finding new recipes to try on the web and in our cookbooks. We will always provide the source of our recipes and any modifications we tried to make this our own! Bon Appetit!
Here is the first recipe that Stephanie shared with Sarah and they both shared with their husbands. Pumpkin chili by Tosca Reno.
Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 large (28oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn (you could use canned if that’s what you have)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Dash sea salt
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, bell peppers, and garlic until tender.
Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown.
Drain, and mix in tomatoes, pumpkin, black beans, and corn.
Season with chili powder, pepper, and salt.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes until heated through.
*Check back soon for more NEW (to us) recipes*
- chocolate banana power smoothie
- sour cream coffee cake
- berrylicious microwave minute muffin
- double chocolate banana smoothie
- overnight oats
- eggplant parm and Sarah’s family “gravy”
- pizza a la Stephanie
- pizza a la Tyler
- Moosewood lentil soup
- Tuscan white bean soup
- white chicken chili
- veggie egg scramble over brown rice
- paleo pumpkin coconut turkey chili
- brussels sprouts salad
- pasta puttanesca with tuna
- quinoa salad with roasted sweet potatoes, kale, dried cranberries, and red onion
- holiday brussels sprouts
- spinach-apple-pear puree (for your baby)
- roasted vegetables with farro and greens